Sunday 11 March 2012

Buying Loot

In last Sunday's Weekly Fabric Update over at Veryberryhandmade, Ali mentioned that Fabric With Love were having a real life fabric sale at Bourne Abbey Church Hall. Bourne is about 25 minutes from where I live, so yesterday morning I headed off to get to Bourne for 10am. I arrived there at just a couple of minutes before10am and there was a queue! The ladies who were serving coffee and holding a raffle, were obviously not used to a queue forming for their coffee mornings, and there was an expectant air as we waited for the doors to be opened. It was a bit of a free for all once we were allowed in... but look at my loot.

The loot

I was very pleased with myself. I hope that my choices include some good basics as I am beginning to get more confident about mixing and matching fabric myself, rather than relying on a charm pack or layer cake.

The pile below just said (shouted) "buy me". The floral fabric is from the Pretty Bird collection from Michael Millar and I just love the gorgeous bold design. 

Carnival contenders

I matched this up with three FQ solids. My plan is to use Katy Jones' Spring Carnival template set to do a little hand sewing when we are away for a few days over Easter. It may not work out but I am pushing my comfort barrier boundaries!

Di xo











7 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous and fresh! Well done on some great finds! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that must have been fun.... I love it when you find things unexpectedly that are just right - looking forward to see what you make with these x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your buys! Quilters at sales are deadly as I hav found out. Best to get in quick and get out fast, still clutching fabric hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your lovely fabrics. I find it quite difficult to actually cut into my favourite fabrics, I can stroke and rearrange them though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh nooo I'm not that far from Bourne Di, I'm in Rutland can't believe I didn't know about this. Fabrics are gorgeous :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant bright colours! Is the orange one a kaffe fassett?

    ReplyDelete