Saturday 14 July 2012

A friend comes visiting...

Today Tanya (Second Chance Tan) came over to see me. We have spent a lovely day just chatting and sharing what we have made recently. I was showing Tanya the framed purses that I had made for the Framed Purse Swap and was saying that it wasn't that difficult. Trudi had helped me conquer my glue fears when we last met up as she showed me the process of putting one of these purses together.

So this afternoon Tanya and myself set too and we have made twins!



We were both very pleased with ourselves and I am sure that we will both be picking the glue off the frames tonight. 

I also put a label in mine. I am still pondering as to what kind of labels I would like for my projects, but for the time being, these will do just fine.

All in all it has been a fun and crafty day!
Di xo

12 comments:

  1. Your purses look wonderful - it's lovely that you can pass on the technique, I expect we'll be seeing loads of purses on Tanya's blog now ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bright fabric! After Katy's class I am a frame purse convert too. I would never have managed it on my own without guidance. Well done for sharing the frame purse love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun makes. I am sure you and Tanya had a wonderful afternoon! Lucky to be close enough to do this together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooooopiee look at those lovely twins!! Thank you so much for a fab day - I now need to pay it forward and teach someone else about framed purses! (I will be booking in for another sewing day with you soon xxx)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great - wish I lived closer to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Di - I love these - great fabric (what is it?). Your labels are perfect too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how purse making is now catching - wonder how long before it becomes an epidemic! Katy Jones is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look fab!! how lucky of you guys to get the chance to do that together! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely way to spend the day - sewing in company, can't beat it! Great purses too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely that you managed to get together: and even better got together and sewed!! Love those purses

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on ur delivery of twins!!! Really gorgeous! X

    ReplyDelete