Sunday 2 September 2012

Tree business, scary business

For three days this past week our family have been in the tree reduction business. I don't think that I have ever been so scared as when I saw my husband near the top of a 15m tree, chopping the branches above him, down. 
Tree felling in progress


After two days work we ended up with this massive pile of wood that now requires chopping into logs, so that we can use them in our log burning stove this winter. I think that there will be plenty to keep us warm. 
Bonfire supper
The upside was that we have had bonfire suppers each night. The downside…every part of me aches and there is another tree to tackle - crown reduction this time time, I think, to send my husband back to his day job where he will be safe in his office.
Di xo

9 comments:

  1. It's best to go out if it's too scary to watch - it gets you out of the body aching bit too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats some serious tree cutting. Does he want to come and do the huge tree in my neighbours garden...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I remember the fear well :-) The sound of the crash as the ladder gave way, thankfully hubby was safe in the tree but gave me and our behind neighbours quite a scare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey, you'll all need a good massage after that lot! On the plus side that tree stump would be a nice place to artfully drape your quilt finishes for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a mighty fine pile of winter warmth you've got there now :). A nice hot bath with some Epsom salts should soothe it all away :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I guess that's what living with all that testosterone results in! At least you'll have some cosy winter fires to enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These evenings have been perfect bonfire weather. I don't think I would have watched if my hubbie had been up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di. It must be the time of year as my DH got out the chain saw yesterday. As you say lots of fire wood!!
    Happy Quilting x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooo this was a bit of a challenge, glad everyone survived the tree felling and that some useful wood for the winter has come out of it x

    ReplyDelete