Wednesday 26 December 2012

The Day After Christmas

Hi all
I hope that you are having a good Christmas and enjoying time off from the bustle of everyday life. Here at Willowbeck House we are having a chilled time. We went to the Christmas Eve Communion Service and so we didn't wake until after 10am and that set the tone for our Christmas Day. We are very relaxed here!

I have to show you my Christmas pressie as it is a biggie! I have been struggling for ages to take decent photographs on my camera. It is often not up to the job and I find it frustrating to blog when I cannot get decent photos of what I have made and spent time on making.

This is what I found when I opened my present yesterday… Yes a bridge camera! I cannot tell you how pleased I am. It makes a taking photos so easy.
My Camera!
 The photo below is of a cute little pincushion that my boys gave me.

Pin cushion
There is even a pull out tape measure in the base! Those boys have me taped!!!


Pin cushion with the tape measure pulled out.
 It is so nice not to have to struggle with the lighting issues when taking a photo.
I cannot resist in showing off my table runner as the photo shows so much more detail. I have put the runner on the sideboard whilst we are using the table.
Christmas table runner
I hope that you are having a good Christmas with you and yours. I will be back tomorrow to show you some of my secret Santa makes. In the meantime don't forget to enter Sarah's two year Blogiversary Giveaway as she is generously giving away  5 gorgeous fqs of Liberty cotton.
Di x 


10 comments:

  1. Lucky you!! And a very Merry Christmas to you Di - hope to see you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful present, I am sure you will have a lot of fun with it! I also love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gift to receive! I hope you enjoy it- lots!
    One of my friends now buys loads of the memory cards that go in her camera, and never deletes a decent photo, when the card is full, she archives it, and inserts a new one! So if her computer crashes and her hard disc dies- she still has all the pictures! It's a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pressie Di, and I love the blog header too. We have been very relaxed the last couple of days, its been lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a brilliant pressie! I can already see amazing clarity in your new pics! Enjoy your new toy, and so glad you are having a chilled Christmas. jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab present! Sounds like you have had a lovely Christmas and I am so pleased for you. The runner looks beautiful all set up there with candles too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet pincushion and amazing camera pressies. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo you must be thrilled with this camera..... I know you were finding it hard taking good photos on your other one. These new pics are brilliant, and your blog looks great with the new header. Enjoy experimenting with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pressie!
    Can't wait for all your photos on the blog this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great present! I got a bridge camera last year and I love it! So easy to use and brilliant photos.. Haven't used it for my blog though as I use my phone to do my blog so it's easier to upload from phone camera. Ur blog looks great x

    ReplyDelete