Sunday 17 February 2013

Bee Blocks

I am Queenie of the hipBees this month and I asked the group to make me this block.
Wild geese block
The geese are have already started flying home and the blocks are going to make a great quilt.

I also belong to Bee a Brit Stingy which is a stash bee. Emily has asked for + and x blocks this month. My aim was to complete these blocks before the half term break. I finally managed to finish them today and got them in the post before our PO shut at midday.  Once I got into these blocks I found them really addictive. I can see me makingmore of these blocks in the future.




I still have one more outstanding 'make' to complete. This is the tote for Liz. The panels are made but now the inside needs to constructed and the bag put together. 
Perfect tote front panel in progress
All the cutting out is done and the interfacing attached, so it is already to be taken away on holiday with me. This will be finished before the end of half term as Liz has been more than patient! I will show you what I have done once I return next weekend.
Di x

17 comments:

  1. I love all your bee blocks and can't wait to see the tote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours in the tote fabrics and lovely blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your tote all finished - it looks fab so far! I know what you mean about the + and X blocks being addictive - I made 3 for my Bee and only stopped when I ran out of the centre fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the plus/x blocks! They are addictive! What is the green fabric in the second block middle with a queen annes lace flower on it? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those blocks look really lovely...I'm going to start these very soon....hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! Have a peaceful break :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful break. The blocks are so lovely and that bag is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the + and x blocks! I want to make some too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tote, can't wait to see it finished. Have a lovely break up there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks! Have a great half-term!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tote will be fab once it's finished, love the quilting, and I agree about the x and + blocks, they're fun to make, come together quite quickly, and create a good effect, love the colour choices : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful half term break! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous blocks Di. Have a lovely break x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you are having a fab half term.
    You are getting me excited now!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bee blocks - been laughing about the ransomed geese - you two are so funny.

    ReplyDelete