Saturday 9 March 2013

Bee-ing slow

So to keep to my pact that all bee blocks would be completed before I do other sewing, I made the blocks that Bee Blessed have asked for. This month the request is for Happy Zombie's Funky Wrench block. Easy enough. I bought three, half metres of fabric especially for Bee Blessed blocks at the Duxford Quilt show yesterday. Look at how nice these blocks are...

wait a minute…these blocks aren't 12 1/2"! I inadvertently followed the instructions that were on the Happy Zombie blog. I think that I was the zombie!!!

So I started over, to make the 12 1/2" blocks. I bet you can identify the fabrics I bought yesterday!


Hopefully these blocks will be what the Bee Blessed team are looking for. As for the little blocks, well I think that they are destined to become another zippy pouch!
Di x


11 comments:

  1. Oh no, what a pain! Love your fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! Both the small ones and the large ones :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Love your blocks and your new fabric - you may have to start a Funky Wrench quilt of your own so you can use those lovely small blocks! Hope you have a good time at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, it's fate, you obviously needed to make another zippy or two! :o). Pretty blocks, and you've done well to stick to the bee block first rule. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I narrowly avoided that trap - oops, look great though xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thanks Di! So sorry you did minis first! They are v.cute though and I'm glad to hear they won't be wasted! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely! And I suppose on the plus side you have some extras for "free". Thanks a million. Hope you enjoyed the Duxford Show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 'practice' mini blocks will make a great pouch. Hope you enjoyed the quilt show too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo what fun!! Love those blocks - very traditional but with those bright fabrics they rock!

    ReplyDelete