Wednesday 17 July 2013

Ready to go

I have worked all day getting ready to go up to London tomorrow for the Fat Quarterly Retreat. I am travelling with my sewing buddy, Trudi and although I really can't remember why we are going a day early it is a good plan!

My bags are packed.This one has my Bee a Brit Stingy quilt in it, all finished and bound.

The quilt was a bit of a squeeze to complete, but it is done!!!! I will reveal it to my bee buddies at retreat and on Flickr, (because some of my bee buddies won't be with us :( ) before I let you all see it. Trudi has worked her magic on it by doing some amazing quilting. It is so beautiful and a quilt that I will always treasure.
I have also been working on my little travel case. I took on board all the suggestions given to me and this is what I have done….



I am using this little case to take my sewing supplies to Retreat. I have a couple of EPP classes so this case will be able perfect to tote around supplies.

I am sorry if you are not going to be at the Retreat however I am so looking forward to seeing lots of my sewing friends. If you are not there, then, as  I have gone all technical - on Instagram (@willowbeckdesigns), - I aim to post some photos over the weekend but for now I am going to bed to get some much needed beauty sleep.
Di x




14 comments:

  1. Have a great day tomorrow with Trudi! Just a wee bit jealous but I will see you Friday - yay!

    Love your cute sewing case too - good idea for the inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way ahead of me! But I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee- I am NOT prepared!!!! Can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're soo organised my flight is at 1 tomorrow (well today since its after midnight) I haven't even packed! and your little suitcase is so completely darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, love the sewing case, well and everything else too! Have the best time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wee mini suitcase is fab - I look forward to a close up examination....x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to be at the retreat next year! I love your sewing travel case, it's great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Safe travels today, Di! Wish I was joining you all, but I'll live vicariously through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you have done with the case! Can't wait to see the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow - your sprouts quilt looks just beautiful!!!!! Have fun Di - I know it will be tough but someone has to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So chuffed to meet you at FQR, and thrilled skinny that the little pinnie is in your travel sewing case!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Di, So lovely finally meeting you at the retreat. Hope your journey back went well. There just wasn't enough time to get to know people as well as I wanted! Sorry I was a bit manic at the Quilt Market - I think the heat had got to me!! My fave was the improv class - what was yours? Jx

    ReplyDelete