Wednesday, 18 December 2013

More cushions

In Brit Bee we are swapping Christmas cushions and previously I have given you a peak of what I have been making.
I sent my cushion off to my swap partner last week and now that she has received it, I can now reveal my partner and the cushion! 

I was making for Judith and this was how the cushion turned out.
A Christmas cushion swap
And the back...
Back of cushion
I was anxious that I had filled the brief which was Christmassy but without Christmas fabric. I know that Judith likes modern so I was a little out of my comfort zone but I think that I may have pulled it off. I love this block and so I used it again to make a cushion for my Mum. 

My Mum has asked me to make her  a cushion for Christmas so I have made a small 12" cushion. Again these colours are not within my comfort zone but I do like that little bird.
Cushion for Christmas
Isn't it amazing how the same block can look so different? 

I am gradually whittling down my Christmas sewing list and there are still 6 sewing days left!!!

Di x


  1. I love the differing effects of this block esp in the red and yellow cushion. Both are great. Hope you also receive a fab cushion.

  2. Your cushions are beautiful Di.

  3. Gorgeous cushions! I love how different they are :D

  4. Wow! These are beautiful, and I think you got J to a tee! Well done! Jxo

  5. Yay - great cushions!
    I am waiting for Santa to call xxx

  6. Wow, another amazing cushion Di!

  7. I love both of 'em! Your points are perfect and the colours really pop. Superb :)

  8. These are both lovely, you do well in all the zones it seems.

  9. These are super, Di, and I am sure their recipients will be very pleased!

  10. gorgeous cushions love them so much good job!

  11. Fantastic cushions Di! Happy faces all round I imagine!

  12. so lovely! What great use of the block. That first one is gorgeous, not that the second one isn't, but the colours on the first one do it for me