Wednesday 18 December 2013

More cushions

In Brit Bee we are swapping Christmas cushions and previously I have given you a peak of what I have been making.
I sent my cushion off to my swap partner last week and now that she has received it, I can now reveal my partner and the cushion! 

I was making for Judith and this was how the cushion turned out.
A Christmas cushion swap
And the back...
Back of cushion
I was anxious that I had filled the brief which was Christmassy but without Christmas fabric. I know that Judith likes modern so I was a little out of my comfort zone but I think that I may have pulled it off. I love this block and so I used it again to make a cushion for my Mum. 

My Mum has asked me to make her  a cushion for Christmas so I have made a small 12" cushion. Again these colours are not within my comfort zone but I do like that little bird.
Cushion for Christmas
Isn't it amazing how the same block can look so different? 

I am gradually whittling down my Christmas sewing list and there are still 6 sewing days left!!!

Di x

14 comments:

  1. I love the differing effects of this block esp in the red and yellow cushion. Both are great. Hope you also receive a fab cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cushions are beautiful Di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cushions! I love how different they are :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are beautiful, and I think you got J to a tee! Well done! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - great cushions!
    I am waiting for Santa to call xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another amazing cushion Di!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of 'em! Your points are perfect and the colours really pop. Superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both lovely, you do well in all the zones it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are super, Di, and I am sure their recipients will be very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous cushions love them so much good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cushions Di! Happy faces all round I imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so lovely! What great use of the block. That first one is gorgeous, not that the second one isn't, but the colours on the first one do it for me

    ReplyDelete