Monday 2 December 2013

Secret Envelope Swap

In the Bee a Brit Stingy we are doing a Christmas envelope swap. The brief was to create an envelope and add a few little 'bits' before sending it to our partner.

I decided to go rustic and made this little envelope from linen and the inside (not seen in the photos) is a green Christmas print. I popped this in the post today so my partner should be getting this through the letterbox later this week (well we are a Stingy Bee and only use second class postage!).

Secret envelope swap
I had a surprise when this envelope dropped through the letterbox. Sheila has shown the envelope on her blog and I didn't get a whiff that it was for me. It is gorgeous, and the letter with the snowman on it, is really fun. 
My envelope and 'letter' from Sheila
I know that I will be using that lovely envelope for storing other things once the New Year comes. I think that the envelope I made  is much more amateurish, so I am sorry partner. 

My Younger Son saw me making my envelope and has commissioned me to make one for one of his friend's birthday… now that is a challenge!

Di x

14 comments:

  1. Your envelope looks very pretty in linens and reds. Cute snowman letter from Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love Bee a Bit Stingy - it has to be the best idea for a bee and that you use 2nd class :) Lovely swapsies - the linen is perfect and look at Sheila not letting the cat out of the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous envelopes! What a lovely idea. I'm your newest follower - number 100 - yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both gorgeous envelopes, well done and lucky you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea, your group sure has a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun idea! How lovely that your son appreciates your craft! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your envelope is just lovely and has the teenage seal of approval. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all these envelopes, including yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Susan said! Love a bit of rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous envelopes Di. And a commission from your son too....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your envelope isn't amateurish at all. It's delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your envelope is perfect Di, mine was ridiculously large!

    ReplyDelete